Dispatches from the Frontlines
of The Food Revolution
“There are no happy cows in modern industrialized agriculture.”
John Robbins is widely considered one of the most eloquent and powerful spokespersons in the world for a sane, ethical, and sustainable future. The bestselling author of Diet for a New America and The Food Revolution, he has continued his observations and investigations into food politics and food-related issues of the day in his popular Huffington Post column.
No Happy Cows: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the Food Revolution, is a collection of his most recent columns along with never before published material. In No Happy Cows, Robbins gives you potent and useful information on hot topics like:
- Are Factory Farms becoming biological weapons factories?
- Chocolate turns out to have startling health benefits. What’s the scoop?
- Should junk food marketing to kids be banned?
- Bitter beans: Why does fair trade coffee matter so much?
- Recent reports say soy is toxic. Is it true? What’s the real story?
- What’s the truth about Vitaminwater? Is it a healthy alternative, or a deceptively marketed bottle of junk food?
- Fast food is cheap, convenient, and tasty. And you already know eating it can lead to obesity and higher rates of heart disease. But that’s only the tip of the iceberg. What are the real costs?
- There’s a good chance you consume foods every day that contain genetically modified organisms. They may be in your pantry right now. What are they, and why does it matter?
- What’s the skinny on grassfed beef? Is it really healthier and more sustainable?
- You may have seen some videos on how factory farms treat livestock. You may have seen how unclean, unsafe and inhumane the conditions are… But do you know how it directly affects your health and life?
- If you care about global warming, chew on this: Cows impact our climate more than cars. What’s the most climate-friendly diet?
- Certain food policies are politically possible and would make a huge difference. What are they?
- How can you be a positive influence on others – and not a self-righteous nag?
In No Happy Cows, Robbins’ provocative observations about food politics and eating more consciously give you potent tools to take positive action for a healthier life and a healthier world.
“John Robbins has inspired a revolution, plain and simple. He saw things that were wrong in the food industry long before any of us did, and with his brilliant research and compelling insight, caused a seismic shift in the way we Americans behold our dinner plates. This book is not only clarifying in terms of the physical, environmental, and spiritual effects of food, but it is inspiring enough to cause material change.”
— Kathy Freston, New York Times bestselling author of Quantum Wellness and Veganist
“John Robbins is the leading voice in the world for restoring humanity to its proper relationship with food, the Earth, and health.”
— Paul Hawken, author of Natural Capitalism
Special Bonus Offer
The Pig Farmer Story
While researching for his books and visiting farms and ranches across the US, John Robbins met a pig farmer that changed his life. This story has inspired millions, and a newly updated version of it appears in No Happy Cows. Now, for the first time ever, John has recorded it. Inspiring, engaging, and touching on some of the core issues of our humanity, it will make you laugh, make you cry, and inspire you to make a difference. Download this 29 minute MP3 format audio recording for FREE when you buy a copy of No Happy Cows! To take advantage of this limited time offer, simply buy the book from your local bookstore or using one of the links below, and then click here to claim your free bonus gift.